Sunday 13 May 2012

Pre-Season 1 - 'Get Real - No More Excuses'

I have been tasked to list my excuses and solutions.  I always seem to come up with at least 1 or 2, infact I find myself driving back from work scratching my head to come up with a really good one so that I DON"T have to go to the gym!   Here is what I submitted:

Internal Excuses
1 - I'm too tired
2 - I'm too lazy
3 - I won't be able to do it
4 - I don't have the energy
5 - I don't have the motivation / just don't WTFDI!!
6 - I look stupid/fat next to them at the gym
7 - I've already stuffed up today
8 - It's a special occassion

Internal Solutions
1 - Go to bed EARLIER! - stop watching mindless tv in bed.
2 -
3 - Just a little more every time.  An extra 100m to build up.
4 - Umm...that could be because you are carrying around an extra 15kg!!
5 - Get motivated - JFDI.  Make myself accountable to other people to be there to do it.
6 - Yes, but i'm sure they weren't all skinny arsed to begin with!
7 - The longer you leave it the worse it will be!
8 - Try having a different type of 'good' special treat available

External Excuses (within my control)
1 - Bad weather
2 - Too Busy (socially and with work)
3 -  It's too late to cook
4 - Sore muscles/legs/arms

External Solutions
1 - Umm...you drive to the gym, and then workout in the gym!?!  Or do a dvd in comfort of own home.
2 - Diarise.   Plan in out before hand.  Make the habit.
3 - Plan plan plan.  Have some extras in the freezer for when you get stuck or something happens out of the ordinary.
4 - Remember to stretch.  Have a nice warm shower or get DH to massage them.  Remember - my muscles must be waking up and going into shock - they are getting used!

External Excuses (outside of my control)
1 - I'm Sick
2 - EJ is sick
 
External Solutions
1 - Take it easy and gradually get back into it.
2 - You are a mum, you are needed.  Do whatever you can whenever you are able to.




No comments:

Post a Comment